Dr. Thamer has teaching experience for more than 25 years .Strats from 1991 in Baghdad technical University .
3-Design of Hydraulic Structures
5-Water Resources Engineering
True teaching lead to true learning lead to true life and true devlopment.
The teaching philosophy relies on the following principles :
1. Satisfy all requirements of knowledge achievement which needs a much more efforts from the side of lecturer .Mostly a high level of preparing the lecture with latest edge of information as possible is required , and use all the available facilities such as the smart and white boards, any physical examples, movies and scientific trips.
2. Divide the lecture into many stages to improve any drop in the line of student’s concentrations, and for this target, the end of each stage should be followed simple oral questions to ensure that a well level of student’s attention is satisfied.
3. The direct measurements to level of student’s response within the class plus taking the indirect immediate feedback during the lecture .Moreover, many trials should be carried out to bring the students to the circle of lecture by asking the questions and create the conservations related to topics of course.
4. Encourage the students to ask any related questions and open the range of discussion, especially for the principles of assumptions and (Why?) for any details of topics which all lead to provide a good opportunity for more listing, understanding and modify the level of thinking and get more knowledge.
5. Many class works and home works should be applied and followed up by instructor. Each student should conduct a full specific course project and presented by seminar which lead to efficient contribution in create and improve the skills of research and presentation.
6. Each chapter should be followed by Quiz which is necessary to evaluate the students and improve their level of understanding the topics.
7. Pre-final grades shall cover all the considered activities and the final exam should bound all the chapters with equivalent weight and the latest chapters should be weighted more than others.
The vertical lift gate shaft is installed across the dam tunnel to regulate the flow rate passing toward the downstream side to satisfy the water demand in addition to the power generation requirements. The flow through the shaft is mostly divided into two parts, over and below the gate, and as a result, two forces will be created, vertically ,downward and upward on both top and bottom gate surfaces. The difference between these forces produces so-called hydrodynamic force or hydraulic downpull force whi[ LINK ]
The concrete dam is one of the most important hydraulic infrastructures which play a vital role in providing a wide range of water services and helps prevent many potential disasters such as floods. The concrete dam subjected to many kinds of static and hydrodynamic forces which almost needs taking into account of design under different circumstances to satisfy the safety requirements. The shape of dam is pertinent to the stability of dam regarding the major forces and stresses. One of the most common wa[ LINK ]
IEC 2016 Conference
CESARE’14 – An International Conference
coorganised by the Schools of Civil Engineering of Jordan University of Science and
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
University of Birmingham